Sunday 26 May 2013

regency pelisse.

So much needs to be done... including this.....
got as far as making a little half version trying out the ideas.  The general look is quite good but still....AAGH!!


museum of london 1820s.













Not sure about the back skirt yet, the seams feel a little arbitary- the stiffness of the fabric doesn't work for the back gathering- it doesn't have any drape at all. I think there should be more fabric in there  so will have to try again. As you can see the collar was entertaining and I still would like  more height at the back of the neck.

It was fairly straightforward - Janet Arnold was raided again for the basics and shapes of the pieces but historically accurate ?- don't think so. I am still working at the hand stitching - 12 per inch and straight is the current aim( impossible!) .   
I now have a full size pattern for a spencer which I will try out before making this up. With any luck some problems will be sorted - being me, I am sure I can find more!




scissor update - I know where they all are! - not currently sat on any of them.
Why my heavy cutting shears were in the medicine drawer in the kitchen  I have no idea......
 

No comments:

Post a Comment